Monday 15 April 2013

Your Creative Dreams Don't Need Support by Andrea Schroeder

Last month I hosted a tele-playdate where we played with and explored the idea of Creating Perfect Support Systems for our Creative Dreams.

I set this up in hopes that we would discover that system or product or way-of-doing-things that makes everything magically easy, always, forever and ever.

But when we invited the heart and soul of SUPPORT to join us in the circle, I was completely blown away:

My Creative Dreams don’t need support.


They are already perfectly and beautifully supported by spirit and purpose. Nothing I can create or find or buy would add to this in any noticeable way. My creative dreams are already completely supported, perfectly whole and complete and real on the spiritual plane(s).

It’s me who needs support! You and me and all the other creative dreamers. Bringing a dream to life is a big job that demands internal growth. Internal growth almost always requires a different kind of support than you think it does.

This is part of the nature of being in the process of change, you can’t properly anticipate what you need because you’re thinking from where-you-were and the support is needed at the level of where-you’re-going. That’s why I playdate these things instead of attempt to teach them – playdates open you up to your creative genius and divine intuition so you can get the answers you need.

During the playdate the heart and soul of support asked me to let go of some old dreams, and old ways of seeing myself, to free up my energy to be more supportive of the dreams that want to come to life now. This is NOT even close to what I was expecting.

I was expecting stuff like: spend more time working on it, be more organised and productive, have a better system, get expert advice, hire the right help, blah, blah blah. In hindsight, those do sound like things my inner critics would say, not my inner genius.

So I wasn’t expecting, even a little bit, to be asked to let go of dreams that I’d held for so long they feel like a part of who I am. When I received that message, I felt totally blown away and confused.

But now? Not even two weeks later, I think it’s AMAZING the way our dreams can lead us to discover new aspects of who we really are.

Of Course(!) it’s time to let go of some of those dreams. I have been feeling like it doesn’t all fit. Letting go makes space for what’s really important right now. And it’s not like I destroyed the old dreams – I can always go back to them if I want to.

Right now I feel free. Like there is enough room for what matters, like there is even enough room for my dreams to grow bigger than I think they can.

This is the soul work play of bringing a dream to life. I am blown away grateful that this is also the work work I get to do every day, and that I get to do it with such amazing and inspiring people. I have so much love for all of you.


With a paintbrush in one hand & a glitter-gun in the other, Andrea lovingly mentors men & women who want to lead creatively abundant lives — and do ‘impossible’ things, with ease & joy.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this, Andrea. I've been prioritizing listening to my inner growth needs recently, and this is an important reminder to stick with it.

    ReplyDelete