Monday 15 July 2013

Getting Unstuck by Glenda Myles

Yoga Healing Arts

Well it seems rather fitting that I use this month as my come back month given the topic. Over the past few months, I have started to write a post, but for some reason get stuck and don’t finish. I commit to finishing this one!

I haven’t blogged or written much over the past three months. I’ve started, but haven’t finished. I was stuck. There was something blocking my creative flow. Instead of worrying about it, I allowed it to be. I gave myself space and honored my own natural rhythm.

Many times, I can get unstuck by working through the blockage by moving my body, which helps get the internal energy flowing again - going for a walk or run, dancing, or doing some yoga. Sometimes I can do something else creative that sparks other ideas -sketching, photography, going to a gallery or museum – like having an artist’s date with myself.

But this felt different. I was tired – physically and mentally. I’ve been through so much change over the past 6 months, I needed time to heal and rest. Sometimes you need to honor your body’s natural rhythms.

As I gave myself space to just be, to rest, I found that slowly things started to flow. This past week, I had a burst of creative ideas, a major break-thru. All of a sudden, words poured out, ideas flowed, and I was unstuck. Not only unstuck, but new ideas and a renewed sense of energy resulted.

Glenda is a professional marketing strategist working to bring more creativity into business and make more ideas come to life by day. And she is a healer, teacher and activist working with Awe-Inspiring Women to make the world a better place by night.

2 comments:

  1. This is so good, Glenda. I tend to try to shove my way through creative blocks, and then beat myself up when I can't break through. 'allowing it to be' feels peaceful. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest is one of my favorite things in life. So glad it served you so well, Glenda!

    ReplyDelete