Thursday 28 February 2013

You Can Always Bring Your Own Sunshine by Ginny Lennox



Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine with you. -    Anthony J. D'Angelo
                                                                                                                        

I love this quote. It is has been rainy and dreary all week. I was hoping for snow but it didn't come and so we were all disappointed. Friday the sun came out and people started to come out of their houses. I heard people in the coffee shop talking about how different they felt now that the sun was back and I understood what they were saying. And then today I decided to find a quote about sunshine and “Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine with you” made so much sense to me.

I can bring my own sunshine with me no matter where I go or what I am doing. I don't have to let the weather affect how I feel. I don’t have to let the weather, or anything else for that matter, affect how I feel or react to things. On rainy days I can remember how much I love to curl up with a good book and read with a cup of tea or coffee. I can also remember how much I used to love to jump and play in the puddles when I was little. Just the memory may be enough to make me smile or I might need to take a walk in the rain and if not jump in at least stomp in a few puddles along the way.

Bringing our own sunshine with us can take on so many different meanings. Think about how a sunny smile can go a long way to cheer up a grumpy person or how a sunny personality makes others feel just a little bit happier even though they may not know exactly why. When I look at the sculpture above it reminds me of so many things that make me feel like I am experiencing the warmth of sunshine. Friendship, sharing, creating, teaching all make my world sunny.

Someone just told me it is supposed to rain again Thursday. But this week I won't let it bother me because today I was reminded that no matter what I can always bring my own sunshine into any situation. I hope you have a sunny month filled with lots and lots of special moments.

What brings sunshine to your world no matter what the weather?


Ginny, a certified Kaizen-Muse Creativity Coach, believes that each and every day is filled with special moments to be enjoyed and treasured. On her blog, Special Moments in Time, she encourages everyone to recognize and celebrate their own special moments each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment