Sunday 18 December 2011

Celebrating Slow by Kim LeClair



The Holidays. Always a strange time, lots of activity, excitement, things to do, people to see, emotions not felt since last year or maybe never at all. A Full time.


This year I’m aware of wanting to Celebrate Slow. To enjoy the Snuggle. To enjoy the Warm, the Hearty, the Smiles, the dim lights, the Being Alone or the Being With.

I’ve had an Active year, lots of stuff and creating and Aliveness. That is a Fast Energy for me and I thrive on it. But this Season I’m wanting to Revel in Lounging, fuzzy slippers, old movies, couch time…..

Can we allow ourselves to experience Slow as Celebration? As Celebration of our bodies, our minds, our spirits?

I looked up the root of the word Celebrate : “assemble to honor” is one option. What will you Assemble to Honor this season? For me it is a warm set of PJs and some cookies and milk and some cozy couch time.

My wish for everyone in the whole wide world (and imagine a 4-year old girl saying this with her arms spread wide open and the pure heart only small years can bring....that is what I’m imagining….) – so my wish for the Whole-Wide-World is to Celebrate Slow. Hug yourself. Get cozy. Cuddle with yourself. Celebrate. Slow.

Kim LeClair has been a shadow creative for the past 40 years but is finally deciding to come out into the light. Kim is In the Process of Creating her Dream Job....Creative Director of east willow studios. For now, you can visit her at one of her other adventures -- MoveJoyUs or fitness for mere mortals.

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea Kim. I think there are several of my friends who are taking this slow approach to the holiday season this year. Less hustle, bustle, and stress. More space, quiet, and contentment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Kim. I love etymology, and I love the image of the 4-year-old girl with her arms open wide, and I especially love slow. Sending your wish right back to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it too, Kim. The imagery your post brought of the four year old with her arms open wide was wonderful. I am definitely taking it slow this year and loving every minute. Have a wonderful holiday in your PJs, eating cookies, and drinking milk. Sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah yes...that is exactly what the holiday season & winter have come to embody for me as well. I am blessed to share in intimate celebrations with just my soul mate & doggies, snuggled up happily in our house in the woods. Indulging in homemade yummies, sipping warm Mead, gazing at our sweet cut-from-our-"back yard" Solstice tree, reading aloud to one another, playing cards or Scrabble,maybe creating some art together...a perfectly perfect way to honor the quiet grace, sense of wonder & deep gratefulness for so much love which this season brings for us all. Enjoy the contentment of savoring the small things which mean the most.

    ReplyDelete