Sunday 22 January 2012

Follow Your Bliss by Ginny Lennox


  "Follow your bliss and doors will open where there were no doors before."
Joseph Campbell (Chapter 12 The Artist's Way)

Yesterday my husband and I went searching for places to take pictures.  We decided to walk through an antique store that we had been in many times before.  It was beautifully decorated with twinkling lights and many kinds of brightly shining objects.  But as we turned the corner there was an opening that I had never noticed before.  It was like walking through a magical door that led to quiet and solitude.  It was large and fairly dark but there was something special about it.  There was a calm and peacefulness to this space that the front of the store did not possess.  I am sure we will walk through that door many times again.  Possibly to hang one of my paintings or pictures on the wall.  Maybe as I follow my bliss that door will open many new opportunities and adventures for me.  Only time will tell.

What door would you like to open this week?

Ginny believes that each and every day is filled with special moments to be enjoyed and treasured.  On her blog, Special Moments in Time, she encourages everyone to recognize and celebrate their own special moments each day.

2 comments:

  1. Cool-looking space! I can definitely picture your artwork there, Ginny! Love the real door/figurative door imagery!

    ReplyDelete