Saturday 17 September 2011

Tender Dreams by Susan Cadley


Your dreams, emotions, accomplishments, losses, mistakes, are all part of you and what makes you human on your life journey. As a soul tender, I want to share with you something I learned from one of my spiritual teachers, Edith, when I was in my 20's. Edith used to advise me not to share my hopes and dreams with people that could not whole-heartedly support me.

At first, this puzzled me as I felt as if I was withholding parts of myself from others. However, as I grew older and wiser, I learned the truth of what Edith was teaching. Yesterday I was reminded of this truth as I was listening to Life Coach Cheryl Richardson on her radio show. Cheryl was reminding a caller to keep her dreams sacred as other people may place their emotions on her dream before it had manifested.

Our dreams are like tender shoots emerging from the earth and we must nurture and protect them as well. One way we do this is to share with loving, supportive people who can visualize and see the truth of who we are. This supportive energy can assist our dreams in taking flight.

So why would someone not support our dreams? The reasons are numerous. Sometimes our sharing can bring up feelings about yet unrealized dreams for another person. This may show up as jealousy, fear, negativity and naysaying. The trigger can cause the other person to negate and question our dream, or make a cutting comment passively, jokingly, or directly. This is all projection on the other person's part, a piece of their healing.

Find your circle, tribe, shaman, therapist, coach or best friend and ask them to see the best for you. Close your eyes and make a wish upon your dream seeds. I'll silently, quietly, and sacredly wish with you.

Susan is a Licensed Psychotherapist & Soul Coach and sole proprietor of Living From Within, LLC.   Through counseling, coaching, creative workshops and book studies, Susan guides you to hear and live the messages of your soul.

1 comment:

  1. This so resonates with me. Recently I shared my dream with 2 people in my life and I felt like they both dumped a bucket of cold water all over me - it took me weeks to dry out. So so important to share only with those who can understand just how tender these new dreams are. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete